Author Topic: PS Mhoried  (Read 13195 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
PS Mhoried
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
Puh, Mhoried is finally done. That should enable you Mhoriens to really start playing. I'm pleased with the result - hope you like it too.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Re: PS Mhoried
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:56:37 PM »
Bjorn the Fell-handed, LMAO!
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
I was quite surprised that there was no mention of the warlock in the "allies, neutrals, enemies" section.

Also, I might have to email the DMs for a couple clarifications on Regien.

Other than that, it was nice reading and it will likely keep us occupied...

W
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 06:49:31 AM »
I was quite surprised that there was no mention of the warlock in the "allies, neutrals, enemies" section.

Also, I might have to email the DMs for a couple clarifications on Regien.

Other than that, it was nice reading and it will likely keep us occupied...

W

Ah, the Warlock. He deserves mention!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
You’d like to call the HA and High Marshal Khaiarén allies, friends even, but you dare not. They have too much power and are too ambitious – the High Marshal desires even more power, perhaps even the throne of Mhoried. The High Marshal is usually overly critical of your rule, and seems to always try and influence the Council to go against your wishes.

A vile slander, clearly the scribe is an ungodly man in need of correction   >:(  The Aegis merely seeks to ensure that rulership is correct and godly, should it be otherwise is it not Haelyn's holy duty for us to counsel against reckless and foolish acts? The Aegis has always acted in the best interests of Mhoried, obviously it is good when these coincide with the best interests of the Mhor but it would be cowardice to shirk duty for a life of mere ease and agreement.

Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:24:50 AM »
Tornilen
The Sword Mage has never been a friend to Mhoried. Many times did Ghoeran marauders strike against the realm from her territory. And of late she has been implicated in the Wyld affair by Regien, who claims to have seen her plotting with the Warlock and representatives of Wyld.

Lies and slander, all of it!
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 10:12:17 AM »
Tornilen
The Sword Mage has never been a friend to Mhoried. Many times did Ghoeran marauders strike against the realm from her territory. And of late she has been implicated in the Wyld affair by Regien, who claims to have seen her plotting with the Warlock and representatives of Wyld.

Lies and slander, all of it!

Luckily for you Regien isn't exactly trustworthy!
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
Luckily for you Regien isn't exactly trustworthy!

Well, perhaps he isn't but his word is better than a priest who wanted to rule instead of his lord or a witch with an evil past who served the enemies of the state.

After all my dear high marshal it wasn't my troops who acquired control, by force if I recall correctly, of the capital from Lord Kavarra.

:P

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »
As the previous High Marshal I just have to jump in.

Just to clarify my point (the new player of HA will of course, have his own views on this), HA didn't take Bevaldruor to form a theocracy, but a TEMPORARY guardianship. At the time Diemed and the Kingdom were at war, Kavarra had Diemen support, Maricoere were with the kingdom and Haensen were leaderless (and dangerously close to LPA). Objectively, letting any faction take the throne at that time looked like a pile of trouble for war torn Mhoried. Osoerde and Ghoere were next door, and some of the temple allies of HA (OIT/KoH) were Diemen vassals or supporters. Of course that IC you could interpret that move as power hunger, but Robhan is a paladin and he did give an oath that it would be temporary until the dust settles.

Oh, and as for Swordmage, if Regien says she's crooked I'd give her the HA honorary membership card :p

But that's just me and my undying love for all things Regien :D *

* disclaimer: these would have been my thoughts as HA, the views expressed here in no way reflect the position of the kingdom of Roesone in this matter

Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

Oh, and as for Swordmage, if Regien says she's crooked I'd give her the HA honorary membership card :p

I think I should have never helped the OA heal the High Marshal back then.  :P

But that's just me and my undying (well not yet but I was close to that) love for all things HA.

I do hope for a new start though.

Disclaimer: Any animosity is strictly limited to IC stuff of course.

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »
Hmm... I never actually considered the advantage of having Regien call me crooked. Any chance Regien could dispatch EVERYONE and tell them I'm crooked. That should win me a lot of friends.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »
Sure, 100 GB and I'll send a letter in golden ink  :P

Hmm... I never actually considered the advantage of having Regien call me crooked. Any chance Regien could dispatch EVERYONE and tell them I'm crooked. That should win me a lot of friends.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »
OOC: sigh, to owe my life to demon worshiping stake-bait and a bunch of tree huggers the faithful of Haelyn's gardener... sigh, the life of a paladin is hard :(  I think that The Aegis will be studiously trying to ignore Regien as far as is possible :)  My mild worry is that I have quite a lot of honour debts from turns 1-59 restricting my movements, oh well, the inevitable betrayals of the impure will free me from such constraints in time...

Hmm, from reading my PS I have enough to worry me with running the church, running a realm as well would be terribly distracting - so Robhan's still of the mind that declaring Bevaldruor a neutral site in the tumult was purely temporary, of course some power hungry lunatics like the Wyld and any surviving supporters will impute their own motives, but such mad ramblings are nothing to Haelyn's faithful.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 11:50:38 PM »
As the previous High Marshal I just have to jump in.

Just to clarify my point (the new player of HA will of course, have his own views on this), HA didn't take Bevaldruor to form a theocracy, but a TEMPORARY guardianship. At the time Diemed and the Kingdom were at war, Kavarra had Diemen support, Maricoere were with the kingdom and Haensen were leaderless (and dangerously close to LPA). Objectively, letting any faction take the throne at that time looked like a pile of trouble for war torn Mhoried. Osoerde and Ghoere were next door, and some of the temple allies of HA (OIT/KoH) were Diemen vassals or supporters. Of course that IC you could interpret that move as power hunger, but Robhan is a paladin and he did give an oath that it would be temporary until the dust settles.

But that's just me and my undying love for all things Regien :D *

* disclaimer: these would have been my thoughts as HA, the views expressed here in no way reflect the position of the kingdom of Roesone in this matter

Here we go again with the post-reasoning, all know that Kavarra managed to halt the High Marshall's vile ambition moments before it was too late. Good thing that so many Orthodox soldiers were in Mhoried or nearby Five Peaks, ready to remove the heathen tree-hugger!  ;D
 (Ah! RoE I, how I miss thee... The plans that never came to bee!)

Disclaimer: This is in no way the opinion of the DM, (unless he's a two-faced lying bastard like the Reformist loving High M...) Ahahaha! Never mind...  ::)

Edit: Btw. IF the DM is a two faced lying bastard, he's most likely not telling the truth about the noble High Marshall and never will, because he hates the un-vassalized bastard!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:10:12 AM by DM Jon »

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »
  My mild worry is that I have quite a lot of honour debts from turns 1-59 restricting my movements, oh well, the inevitable betrayals of the impure will free me from such constraints in time...

Actually, Robhan's been in charge since turn 40+ and spent most of that time fighting a war. He owed a debt of gratitude to the OIT patriarch (abdicated and travelling), the Grandmaster of KoH (abdicated, now duchess of Alamie) Hubaere (dead, killed by EO), Martin Royce (dead, killed by William Osoer) and Maire of ETN (wow, this one's still alive lol).

And then there's the complicated Regien :)

Other than that you're set to forge your own path :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen