Author Topic: Simpletons question regarding map/goal  (Read 2734 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Simpletons question regarding map/goal
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:27 PM »
Hi guys,

I have 4 units in garrison in Roesonne, in the province of Ghoried. 2 Dragoons & 2 mounted Armsmen. I want to move them to Ansien as quickly as possible without moving into the Grey Hills.

Suggested route and likely time it will take assuming theres no hindrances (which I am sure there will be but I dont know them in advance).

EDIT I: I assume they will turn from Garrison status last season to active status this season (thus ready for combat etc.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:49:59 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
Re: Simpletons question regarding map/goal
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »
Looking at your unit's speed: Dragoons have 5, Mounted Armsmen have 4. So they can cross 4 provinces with road or clear plains each War Move.

The route would go Ghoried (0) - Bheline (1) - Rhumannen (2) - Tornilen (1) - Conallier (1) - Thoralinar (2) - Chalsedon (1) - Ansien (1).
(parenthesises represent movement cost, Ghoried is 0 since that's where you are starting.)

So, one warmove brings you from Ghoried to Tornilen. Another Warmove brings you to Conallier for some spellcasting, the move ends in Thoralinar - Speed is now 2 as you are traveling alongside my troops. The third warmove has us arriving in Ansien. So assuming you start out from Ghoried in WM 4, we arrive in Ansien WM 6. If you march out WM 5, we arrive WM 7. Etc.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 01:19:21 AM »
Would it not be faster to go to Fairfield first, then follow the main road up?

Ghoried-->Fairfield-->Danaroene(sp?)-->Bhalaene(sp?)-->Achiese-->Chalsedon-->Ansien

And on that note... How much do you trust the Thoralinar province? - Thats a province smack in the Grey Hills with no major roads.

This route has him in Ansien in 2 warmoves.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:24:30 AM »

Hi guys,

I have 4 units in garrison in Roesonne, in the province of Ghoried. 2 Dragoons & 2 mounted Armsmen. I want to move them to Ansien as quickly as possible without moving into the Grey Hills.

Suggested route and likely time it will take assuming theres no hindrances (which I am sure there will be but I dont know them in advance).

EDIT I: I assume they will turn from Garrison status last season to active status this season (thus ready for combat etc.)

OoC:

Changing status

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:29:03 AM by X-Points East/EL »

• Sovereign
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:46:37 AM »
Yet another happy surprise  :o
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:49:53 AM »
Would it not be faster to go to Fairfield first, then follow the main road up?

Ghoried-->Fairfield-->Danaroene(sp?)-->Bhalaene(sp?)-->Achiese-->Chalsedon-->Ansien

And on that note... How much do you trust the Thoralinar province? - Thats a province smack in the Grey Hills with no major roads.

This route has him in Ansien in 2 warmoves.

Going through Tornilen to get a realmmagic spell cast. the SM works with the CoT and has proved she can be trusted earlier. BEsides she is the wife of the Baron of Roesone - where IHH is statesfaith. The Realmmagic of IHH should possible be cast in Bheline and the SM's in Tornilen(?) - then moving together with a sizeable army (I'll leave to Alexander to explain what size)

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 02:00:31 AM »
Actually we will do the spell in Thoralinar, sadly I do not have the source to cast that particular spell in Tornilen :/

Taking the status rules into account, you can start moving in WM 5.

So WM 5 you go from Ghorien to Bheline, cast your spells, continue to Rhumannen and then arrive in Tornilen.
In WM 6 you go with my forces into Thoralinar, I cast my spell.
In WM 7 we move from Thoralinar to Chalsedon and end in Ansien.

The reasoning behind this is that Osoerde is not very peaceful right now... and to avoid Osoerde, you really do have to go through the Grey Hills. I imagine it is more fun to go through Thoralinar than Sendouras :P
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen