Author Topic: IC Bonus -2 Cheese  (Read 3455 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
IC Bonus -2 Cheese
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:06:48 PM »
I just can't find this, but I believe I heard it should be possible, to make a nice/neat/cool description of an action and thus be able to rewarded with a further -2 bonus to the DDC.

Is this something I can speculate in?

How much may this be milked?

This is an expensive turn... So writing half a page of DM entertainment, seems a fair price for a saved GB here and there.  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: IC Bonus -2 Cheese
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:21:26 PM »
DM's are hard to entertain.
 And length often is not entertaining - quite the contrary!

That said, you won't loose from writing long IC descriptions.

What we want is good descriptions, stuff that add to the game, open up new ideas, flesh out your domain and tell an interesting tale.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: IC Bonus -2 Cheese
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:15:52 AM »
I just can't find this, but I believe I heard it should be possible, to make a nice/neat/cool description of an action and thus be able to rewarded with a further -2 bonus to the DDC.

Is this something I can speculate in?

How much may this be milked?

This is an expensive turn... So writing half a page of DM entertainment, seems a fair price for a saved GB here and there.  :)

Its encouraged; but it doesn't have to be extremely long. What we've said is a good description will give a +2 bonus to DAC, an adequate one no bonus, while a poor/no description gives a -2 penalty.
DM Bjørn