Author Topic: Greetings to you all  (Read 4128 times)

Offline gauterg

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 0
Greetings to you all
« on: November 07, 2010, 09:08:25 AM »
Hello!

I'm a new face around here, and if I'm lucky there will eventually open up a spot for me to play this great game with you all.

I'm 35 and RPGs have been a part of my life for the last 20 years or so. I've recently moved and in the process left my old RPG group behind, so at the moment I'm looking for some RPG action and while I have been looking at several PbEM games throughout the years I've never tried one.

My Birthright experience is limited to a brief encounter some 10 years ago, and some fiddling about with the computer game about the same time. But I'm a quick learner and as I write this a nifty little demon is  in the process of downloading all the files in the download section so I can read up on the setting, the rules and all the stuff I need to know if I'm claim my Birthright.

Gaute

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Greetings to you all
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »
Well, welcome to the forums!
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »
If you're interested the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn is open for play.
 They're currently on the last few turns of their duty as Pontiff of all Anuire (sort of a UN for temples, next in line is the WIT) and the last player was very active but burned out. An interesting domain if you're into the holier than thou type of thing.

Offline gauterg

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
I'll take a look at IHH, but I must admit it sounds a bit intimidating.
The holier than thou part I can handle, but I'm not sure I want to enter the game in a popemobile.

After looking at the Available Domain thread and totally ignoring the fact that some domains were recommended and others where NPC domains I  thought Serien looked interesting and considered getting to know the forum and the players a bit before checking with the DMs and the Mieres player if there might be a possibility of handing Serien over to a player even if it is a vassal of Mieres.

Then I dug a bit deeper in the forum and stumbled upon some posts indicating that the Baron of Serien has landed in a bit of trouble. Assassinations, treason and whatnot and that this plays out in the current round. So maybe I'll just let those matters resolve themselves before I follow up on that train of thought.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:27:04 PM by gauterg »
Gaute

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Welcome! :-)
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Then I dug a bit deeper in the forum and stumbled upon some posts indicating that the Baron of Serien has landed in a bit of trouble. Assassinations, treason and whatnot and that this plays out in the current round. So maybe I'll just let those matters resolve themselves before I follow up on that train of thought.

;D Considering on what I plan on doing with the Baron when I get my hands on him that is a good idea.  Something about cutting him into as many little pieces as I can and using him for fishbait.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline gauterg

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »

;D Considering on what I plan on doing with the Baron when I get my hands on him that is a good idea.  Something about cutting him into as many little pieces as I can and using him for fishbait.

I guess so.
No point in playing a heirless baron facing the death sentence.
Gaute

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »
I guess so.
No point in playing a heirless baron facing the death sentence.

If not for the incredible tenacity of Linde, we'd have been saying the same about Ilien - so you never know, the Baron may yet turn the tables on the Guv'nor - who knows, maybe the Red Wind is heading south to help him out  :-*

Welcome to the game.  IHH would be a definite jump in at the deep end, although 2 turns more and the Pontificate shifts so you'd only have the fall-out to deal with.  On the plus side you'd get access to the Conclave, and the love and support of your ecclesiastical brethren.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
Serien isn't currently open and probably won't be until the situation has been sorted out to either party's advantage.

Offline gauterg

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
Serien isn't currently open and probably won't be until the situation has been sorted out to either party's advantage.

I assumed as much.

At the moment IHH looks to be a bit more than I want to chew over at the moment so I guess I'll just stay lurking for a while.
Maybe IHH will look more appealing after a little while, or maybe something else will become available.

The more I read at the website the more I want to be a part of this game.
Gaute

Offline X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 01:17:31 AM »
At the moment IHH looks to be a bit more than I want to chew over at the moment so I guess I'll just stay lurking for a while.
Maybe IHH will look more appealing after a little while, or maybe something else will become available.

Don't be put off by how busy the IHH looks to be, right now would actually be the perfect time to pick them up.

1) We are between turns so you have time to read over details and get up to speed.
2) We are between turns so you'll be getting back a completed DO which will give you a template for future turns.
3) Kasper (the old IHH player) is still around and available to be talked to so you can find out what plans he was working on and move on from them.

Also temple regents are (IMO) a bit easier to pick up as there is a little less to pick up than landed domains. Not as many concerns about networks of vassals and who is married to who (still a concern just not as much).
Most Sacred Broker Ruormad Coumain, Patriach of the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie.
The wise man invests in times of plenty to ensure plenty in times of hardship.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:12 AM »
Welcome  :)

For what it is worth I can send you all old emails sent and received from IHH. I can brief you on my plans (though I think you will have to talk with Bjørn afterwards since I am not sure he followed them (I've a feeling he did more than I dared being oh so holier than holy).

IHH is in a very good shape, interesting background story and also a place where choices can (and I think have to) be made.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:13:21 AM by X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline gauterg

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »
I'll do some more reading on the IHH, dig a bit deeper in the forums and re-consider the IHH.
I'll put it on my to-do list, but right now I've got a pile of papers I need to do something with.

Work I think they call it.  ;)
Gaute