Author Topic: Turn 65  (Read 7977 times)

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: Turn 65
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 12:34:11 AM »
Great stuff, it says something about the quality of the game that most people are still here, while during the interregnum I was suckered into a new PBEM which started, leapt forth in promise and promptly tripped over its wings and plummeted to its doom on round 2ish.

Viva ROE!

Now, I just how to remember what Robhan was misunderstanding or was irredeemably prejudiced about and then I can get back into making a hash of things.   :D
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
Great stuff, it says something about the quality of the game that most people are still here, while during the interregnum I was suckered into a new PBEM which started, leapt forth in promise and promptly tripped over its wings and plummeted to its doom on round 2ish.

Viva ROE!

Now, I just how to remember what Robhan was misunderstanding or was irredeemably prejudiced about and then I can get back into making a hash of things.   :D

A little assistance:

Patriarch Rashid = Hero
Archduke Osoer = Villain

:)

Oh! - And: Goblins = misunderstood but fundamentally loving and caring creatures.

Yeah, didn't expect you'd fall for the last one.  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
I believe the problem is that everyone has come to associate "goblins" with a very derogatory and stereotypical view of them as dirty, nasty, vicious, cowardly little creatures with no sense of decency or restraint.  As such, if we are to give them the second chance they so desperately need, we'll need to also give them a new name.  I propose that henceforth, these beings be known instead as "hill kittens".  Everybody loves kittens!

Edit: Ref. www.peta.org/sea_kittens/   I'm determined to keep this joke alive in people's heads until someone accidentally uses it IC.  Plus, mocking PETA is worthwhile all by itself.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:10:38 PM by Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) »

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »
I believe the problem is that everyone has come to associate "goblins" with a very derogatory and stereotypical view of them as dirty, nasty, vicious, cowardly little creatures with no sense of decency or restraint.  As such, if we are to give them the second chance they so desperately need, we'll need to also give them a new name.  I propose that henceforth, these beings be known instead as "hill kittens".  Everybody loves kittens!

Kittens? So your still saying they are predatory animals? You know you cant much train a kitten? Or expect them to keep to agreements for that matter, kittens walk in their food! Anyway they viciously attack anything that moves too you know. So “kittens” is the best analogy you got?
So, 2-3 ft. size kittens? Thats no sweet thing, thats a hazard.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:45:25 PM by Tuornen/LF (Geir) »
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
I believe the problem is that everyone has come to associate "peasants" with a very derogatory and stereotypical view of them as dirty, nasty, vicious, cowardly little creatures with no sense of decency or restraint.  As such, if we are to give them the second chance they so desperately need, we'll need to also give them a new name.  I propose that henceforth, these beings be known instead as "hill kittens".  Everybody loves kittens!

Fixed!

A great many nobles do not think much more of peasants than goblins. The real beef is the religiously spawned "inherently evil" or not.

A politically correct name would be "aboriginals"...  :)

Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
Kittens? So your still saying they are predatory animals? You know you cant much train a kitten? Or expect them to keep to agreements for that matter, kittens walk in their food! Anyway they viciously attack anything that moves too you know. So “kittens” is the best analogy you got?
So, 2-3 ft. size kittens? Thats no sweet thing, thats a hazard.

I'm flashing back to a previous game where one of the newbie players learned way too quickly for our comforts and began determinedly leaving her own stamp on the game.  The rest of the party lived in mortal terror of "Kitten", her druid's animal companion... which was a permanently enlarged housecat that could slaughter your average tiger without breaking a sweat.  It's cute when your cat randomly attacks your arm in an effort to play with you or to register mild disapproval of your failure to pet it.  When Kitten did the same thing, we needed a Cure Serious Wounds spell (and on one notable occasion, a Regeneration spell.  Some lessons were learned that day). 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:15:01 PM by Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) »

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 12:36:20 AM »
Ref. www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

crazy people, PETA is plain sick in the head....
well, I’m Norwegian so… whales taste great, and penguin fur is warm and soft.

Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Hermedhie (Ronny)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »
Ref. www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

crazy people, PETA is plain sick in the head....
well, I’m Norwegian so… whales taste great, and penguin fur is warm and soft.

Hear hear! :D

Oh and btw, BRAVO!!

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
ETA P&H...26th November...
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »
ETA P&H...whenever I can find more motivation...the new OO version does strange things to the lists for Prosperity and Taxation; until I get a grip on that I'm not doing anything with the P&H.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
Ok, it still works in Excel so back on track...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-OIT/Narvelon Diem-Avan

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 12:19:36 AM »
I'll bit slow getting going in turn 65, I'm packing for a weeks holiday in Tenerife from tomorrow, I'll try to catch up as quickly as I can.
Cardinal Narvelon Diem-Avan
Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 07:57:19 AM »
I'll bit slow getting going in turn 65, I'm packing for a weeks holiday in Tenerife from tomorrow, I'll try to catch up as quickly as I can.

Me wants to go too! Can I? Pretty pleaaaaase  ::)
DM Bjørn