Author Topic: Broken Reverie  (Read 4068 times)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Broken Reverie
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:15:41 PM »
The gelid air bites briskly at his bare body as he leans on the stone balustrade of the grand stone balcony staring into the solemn night.  The heat of his chambers beckons temptingly at his back – along with the promises of blankets and flesh – though the night has stolen even every hint of manhood.   He exhales a deep breath and watches the sentries move about their business with a critical eye making note of all that will require his attention in the morning. He cocks his head slightly at the gentle rustling sound to his left.

“Do you appreciate the view?” He says into the night as he turns to face the interruption to his reverie – and while any man might feel shame, William is not any man.

“My liege, if I have interrupted then I shall beg your forgiveness,” the soft voice says.

“No, Vimoerean, join me for a moment.”  William says turning back.

“My liege, what sees you prowling the night?”  Vimoerean says.

“I suppose I could say that same for my Court Wizard, no?”  William says with a small smirk.   “Candidly, Vimoerean, there is so much to do in Osoerde that I find myself often waking to consider possibilities…” He says. “Actually, Vimoerean, the game is gearing up once again, I think, and now is the time to consider what Osoerde is, desires to be and ultimately shall be.”

Vimoerean nods.  “You’ve vassals to share the burden, my liege, for is not their task naught but this?”  He says.

William is silent for a moment.

“Yes, that they are, Vimoerean.” He look Vimoerean in the eye before turning to retreat to warmth and the bosom of his wife.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...