Author Topic: Battle rules  (Read 3697 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Battle rules
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »
I've been spending some time developing the battle rules a bit lately (for obvious reasons). In the process I have abandoned* the tactical battle approach and gone for something a little more abstract...1 hour rounds, larger and abstracted battlefield area etc.

It actually produces better results (and is much quicker to use) that the tactical game (which lacked rules for many things) while still retaining a lot of options. THe only things it really misses is the maneuvering of units across a field of squares...which was interesting, but didn't add all that much to the game.

The abstracted rules are also better for narration of battles, which I think is a good thing.

More later...

* Perhaps the tactical rules will be included in an appendix at some later date, if I can find the time.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
Re: Battle rules
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:28:03 PM »

* Perhaps the tactical rules will be included in an appendix at some later date, if I can find the time.

I will appreciate a lot

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
Re: Battle rules
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »
I think the tactical rules might be a good addition for tabletop versions of the game. Just as the variant rules for realm spell duration, it would be fantastic if they could be included.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."