Author Topic: Domain wish list  (Read 34705 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Domain wish list
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:05 AM »
Hi,

This is not a thread for domain application, but rather an informal one where you can talk about what domains you think look interresting. I'm hoping this will give me an idea as to what domains will be filled most easily.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Re: Domain wish list
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:48:41 PM »
I've been thinking a bit about it, and i think i wish to play RCS again.
I'll need to reinvent some of the stuff (as per your designers diary post), but i like the idea of beeing able to play the same character, but with 15 years between. Kaven is one of the few (i think?) who might actually still be in charge.
I imagine he'll have settled somewhat and might very well have children of his own by now. Uncle Altaweir will either be very old or very dead, so perhaps there's a new high-priest of the church as well?

- Thorsten

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:52:06 PM »
Note: Only 2 years have passed since the end of RoE. 15 years is the time that has elapsed from the beginning of RoE...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH (Murphy)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:08:11 PM »
I'm interested particularly in Roesone, as well as in the Spider River Traders (who just so happen to be based in Roesone).  I like the idea of being stuck in the middle of several other powers that are all bigger, badder, and aggressive.

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »
Like Thorsten, I've been thinking about this a lot. There is a small background desire to play a landed regent this time, but I've done so much as HA and wouldn't easily give them up.

So, I'd like to continue as Robhan (and if possible continue with the Aegos story inlcuding the ehm... secret stuff, which was/is a lot of fun ;)) and civilize Markazor finally (hehe), unless there is a deficiency in realm players whereby I'd consider taking on a realm regent (Diemed, Ghieste and Osoerde all seem suitably intriguing, but it would be great if Brandon were back at the helm of Osoerde, of course). Under no circumstances would I play Elinie (one civil war was enough  ;D).
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »
I'm interested particularly in Roesone, as well as in the Spider River Traders (who just so happen to be based in Roesone).  I like the idea of being stuck in the middle of several other powers that are all bigger, badder, and aggressive.

Roesone is a very interesting choice. Medium powered realm, but smack in the middle of everything. Not only will you need alliances to stay alive... but you need to convince the major powers NOT to use you as their battleground...which has happened in the past and isn't very good for the realm.

SRT is a good guild. One province to rule as a vassal of Roesone, a stable and strong core area ruled by a fairly benign regent, and plenty of other guilds to compete with (PCE, SASI, BC and HOT in particular). Roesone is also bound to be in the middle of the action, so interesting things are bound to happen.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:23:31 PM »
I've been thinking a bit about it, and i think i wish to play RCS again.
I'll need to reinvent some of the stuff (as per your designers diary post), but i like the idea of beeing able to play the same character, but with 15 years between. Kaven is one of the few (i think?) who might actually still be in charge.
I imagine he'll have settled somewhat and might very well have children of his own by now. Uncle Altaweir will either be very old or very dead, so perhaps there's a new high-priest of the church as well?

- Thorsten

Medoere & RCS can have a lot of potential if played actively. But at the start it's sort of limited by being under a dual vassalage to Diemed and OIT, lacking a navy and having few borders with non-Dieman lands. There are two main paths - to try to break free from Diemed again (more difficult, but perhaps more rewarding) or stay loyal and try to gain as much power and wealth from that as possible (easier, but more limiting).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
Like Thorsten, I've been thinking about this a lot. There is a small background desire to play a landed regent this time, but I've done so much as HA and wouldn't easily give them up.

So, I'd like to continue as Robhan (and if possible continue with the Aegos story inlcuding the ehm... secret stuff, which was/is a lot of fun ;)) and civilize Markazor finally (hehe), unless there is a deficiency in realm players whereby I'd consider taking on a realm regent (Diemed, Ghieste and Osoerde all seem suitably intriguing, but it would be great if Brandon were back at the helm of Osoerde, of course). Under no circumstances would I play Elinie (one civil war was enough  ;D).

You suffered through a lot with the HA, so I understand if you want it again. It is certainly in a better position than when you left it. You also sum up several interesting things that you could be doing. Another option would be taking on Mhoried of course, since that gives you a realm AND lets you continue in the same area.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH (Murphy)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Roesone is a very interesting choice. Medium powered realm, but smack in the middle of everything. Not only will you need alliances to stay alive... but you need to convince the major powers NOT to use you as their battleground...which has happened in the past and isn't very good for the realm.

SRT is a good guild. One province to rule as a vassal of Roesone, a stable and strong core area ruled by a fairly benign regent, and plenty of other guilds to compete with (PCE, SASI, BC and HOT in particular). Roesone is also bound to be in the middle of the action, so interesting things are bound to happen.

On the topic of alliances:  Are coalitions feasible in the current system, or will that mostly mean "pick the biggest gorilla I don't hate and stick with him"?  Have alliances hung together in the history of RoE I, or have they hanged separately?  The need for Roesone to have outside allies struck me as a cool, diplomacy driving impulse but scares me in equal measure if the mechanic for allies isn't solid.

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »
I will sneak in, considering that even non veteran players of ROE are entitled to give their two cents  :)

AS for me, I would be keen to wander in the area of Rohrmarch, which, not unlike Roesone, is a realm stuck in the middle of big baddies. With the obsidional syndrome being reinforced by the fact that the realm is fractured along the lines of a familial feud (well that said I do not know how would be Rohrmarch in ROE2).

This choice, while a bit away from Anuire mainstream, provides with an interesting cultural feature (Brecht but with a string blend of Anuriean feudalism predominating over the usual Brecht lands) and a land locked away from Brechtür and closer de facto to Anuire. It also provides the advantage of being more free from the legacy of past played domains.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 07:03:49 PM »
Note: Only 2 years have passed since the end of RoE. 15 years is the time that has elapsed from the beginning of RoE...

If that is the case, i'd like to stick to Kaven.  :D

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »
I'm just a bit puzzled that the bastion of HA, the lands of Maricoere, have turned to MOC. Next thing they'll be having holdings in Tenarien, the spiritual homeland of the Aegis :D
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 07:21:39 PM »
I'm just a bit puzzled that the bastion of HA, the lands of Maricoere, have turned to MOC. Next thing they'll be having holdings in Tenarien, the spiritual homeland of the Aegis :D

That's no longe the case. Maricoere lands are firmly HA.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »
I will sneak in, considering that even non veteran players of ROE are entitled to give their two cents  :)

AS for me, I would be keen to wander in the area of Rohrmarch, which, not unlike Roesone, is a realm stuck in the middle of big baddies. With the obsidional syndrome being reinforced by the fact that the realm is fractured along the lines of a familial feud (well that said I do not know how would be Rohrmarch in ROE2).

This choice, while a bit away from Anuire mainstream, provides with an interesting cultural feature (Brecht but with a string blend of Anuriean feudalism predominating over the usual Brecht lands) and a land locked away from Brechtür and closer de facto to Anuire. It also provides the advantage of being more free from the legacy of past played domains.

Rohrmarch might not make the final cut. It depends on how many players we get. It has some unique issues - being located at the edge of the play area with mostly NPC realms around. The Swordhawk to the north and a new threat from the east. It will be interesting, but it breaks with the desire to see PC domains compacted. We'll see how it turns out.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »
This might be more of a design question, than a wish list, but still :)

Will there be some possibilities for players to outline what their characters would have done in the two years that have passed?

For example, HA was seriously hampered by the three noble houses and their council and I couldn't even muster or move troops without asking for permission. One of the principal goals I had in mind for installing (supporting) the new regent of Mhoried was to have free hands when it comes to mustering and moving troops. This would have been one of the requirements for HA's support so that we don't have to apply for transit permits in triplicate whenever our knights need to go fight a goblin or respond to a threat :) I would think that Daeric Mhor probably wouldn't have objected to this in his times seeing that HA always supported him against Markazor. Its not that HA ha any intentions of overthrowing the dynasty, after all. (well, apart from my temporary stewardship project hehe)

Its minor details like this one that I have in mind, nothing gamebreaking (like: I mustered 4 knights and they've since all become legendary ;D)