Author Topic: Warfare  (Read 3492 times)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Warfare
« on: March 26, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
How will this skill work now that regent details are relatively abstract? For instance, while we, the players might not be the most knowledgeable tacticians, some of our characters (like Arvour, Robhan or Anasatiae Daulton) would be. Whereas player might not spot an obvious trap or wrong tactics, the character might..

Not that the DM should tell the players the best course of action, of course, that wouldn't be the point, but.. .I don't know really how this could be reflected in game..  ???
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
Re: Warfare
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »
I can only assume that the DM will step in if some completely devastating course of action would certainly have been detected by the character tactician.

I am really intrigued as to what will happen in the reverse scenario.  ;) More specifically, what happens if a player is a superb tactician, but a general is certainly not? ???
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
That player should make sure to hire an NPC general that will not hold him back. Problem solved.

Several Regents are not good generals, Rashid fx is not interested in warfare, but he knows its tactical value, and has very competent military henchmen.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:09:25 PM »
Some regents should DEFINITELY not lead their own armies or plan their own campaigns!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »
I don't know some regents might well insist on being in charge - much to their enemies amusement...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded