Author Topic: Muster only via Manors now  (Read 2698 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Muster only via Manors now
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:43:21 PM »
Ahem... This does hit hard Some realms.

I have... very few manors. I just got hit extremely hard by a nerfbat I never even saw the backswing on.

Is this change... final?  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Muster only via Manors now
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:13:59 AM »
The rule will impact most sovereigns because they generally have more law than they do manors. So that means they will have to be nice to their vassals :P

Seriously; I would assume that any sovereign worth his salt has treaties in place with his vassals that allow him to muster on their lands. A simple notification of intent should do, and unless the vassal has big plans himself it should not be an issue most of the time.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »
You mean like the Levy I commanded raised from Manors under the control of my vassals, were theirs to command and had to be cajoled to move where I needed them?

Also, the one controlling the Law typically controls the province and Tax, and usually drops Tax as part of mustering a large number of troops. Now that control is split, between manor owner and tax controller.

I feel this to be a big change.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:44 PM »
One difference; if you muster the units belong to YOU, not the owner of the manors or province.

I think it is excellent; Law holders can now drop taxes to avoid prosperity hits from mustering, levy, etc. requiring closer coordination with manor holders.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
Well, I am glad I have helped illustrate why this is such a clever change.  :)

Time to rule up some manors I guess. And no Gray, you can't have any... especially not now.  ;D

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
One difference; if you muster the units belong to YOU, not the owner of the manors or province.

I think it is excellent; Law holders can now drop taxes to avoid prosperity hits from mustering, levy, etc. requiring closer coordination with manor holders.

IHH is a vasal of noone and have no treaties in place to ensure our manors help with musters. I even have manors in Ilien which given the current situation could prove rather burdensome. Before the Ilien got to be an issue IHH and Ilien was about to make a treaty but waited since it was of no big importance and now IHH certainly will not. But we had made it back as S&C had the rule been in place. I think it is a nice rule but it make for a nightmare planning wise when rules change all the time.

Please think carefully on how to ensure it can get entered into the game without too much of a fuss - perhaps allow for changes in existing treaties for "free" and automatically or something along that line
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:53:34 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »
Let's try to be a bit flexible; if manors replace law for the purposes of this rule, it would also alter the intent of the treaties in place.

So if you have say a treaty in place with Roesone for mustering, that doesn't change with this rule. So no real changes for you there.

And you still cannot muster in Ilien because you haven't enough holding levels/province rulership. No change at all there.

DM Bjørn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »
Well, I am glad I have helped illustrate why this is such a clever change.  :)

Time to rule up some manors I guess. And no Gray, you can't have any... especially not now.  ;D

I suppose I will have to deal with law holdings instead...

Personally, I think this is BRILLIANT.  Suddenly, there is a need to negotiate.  Furthermore, a fight with one's vassals just became decidedly more dangerous in general.