Author Topic: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 23089 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 10:49:54 PM »
I can't help that Bjørn seems to wake up after midnight in Norway!  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
OOC:

Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die!  ;D

7 vampires! :o - Well, potentially.

Rashid is looking for Adaliz, is she in the room with the party?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »
Bjorn, going to breakfast. Will respond a little later if you write anything else. :)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 08:50:05 PM »
OOC:
I am so very happy, that my character is described as clever and learned!

I would be biting my fingers off right now, if I had been playing as Gerad, as that oaf would never IC have figured this out.

Here is Rashid's line of reasoning;

We know that we are dreaming. We specualte that there is a dreamer somewhere, defining our dreamworld.

There are 7 vampires, three men, four women. We are three men, three women, thus the seventh is the "reflection" of the Dreamer or the Dreamer itself.

Further, Rashid is looking for Adaliz, and she were always a little court slut, so the speaking lady vampire is as far as he is concerned, very high on the list of candidates to be Adaliz's or the Lady's reflection. (He suspects they are the same)

All this was clinched by the one male vampire also finding a rose petal... Rashid was merely pushing the boundaries of his control over this dream, and the extra finding is... horrifying, for how do we will our reflections to submit if we do not ourselves submit? - Rhetorical question of course, its the IC thread where we can talk.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »
I think that Adaliz is the mentioned 'lady of the house' and these are 'just' the damned.  I'm really hoping that negative plane protection isn't just a spell we had in my homebrew, I had a quick look and couldn't find it.   :'(

On the downside, we can't run, on the upside its 7 vamps, we get to die nobly.

I was going to try turning my drink into holy water and seeing how the vamp took it if he drank as well, but didn't get in early enough.

Of course, if hitting our twinned vamp hurts our PCs, then this will be a very short one sided battle.

sigh, poor Geran.  Robbie will have to feel guilty about that for a while.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »
The spell you are looking for is called Death Ward, and is a single target buff:

The subject is immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects.

This spell doesn’t remove negative levels that the subject has already gained, nor does it affect the saving throw necessary 24 hours after gaining a negative level.

Death ward does not protect against other sorts of attacks even if those attacks might be lethal.

Its spell level 4 divine.

On my fight: I am holding the Sun Sword at low burn, the plan is to let the sword flare violently when I am charged by the vampire. - There must be some true dayligt in this fine blade.

If it gives an edge is to be seen.  :)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 11:49:32 AM »
The spell you are looking for is called Death Ward, and is a single target buff:

The subject is immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects.

Thanks Neils, I never quite caught up with 3e...  If they are unarmed and unarmoured then hopefully the level drain is the major threat - so if Robbie is immune, he can take the lead and hopefully slow them down long enough for you guys to let loose with the pain.
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »

Thanks Neils, I never quite caught up with 3e...  If they are unarmed and unarmoured then hopefully the level drain is the major threat - so if Robbie is immune, he can take the lead and hopefully slow them down long enough for you guys to let loose with the pain.

We have been isolated, each of us is in another dark room, each of us has our own vampire to kill... solo...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »
I may not have been clear on this;

You are ALONE, but your are still in your own version of the banquet hall.

Each is attacked by a vampire of his/her own gender.

Leaving, as Niels pointed out, one female (who is, she claims, Adaliz)
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
If you haven't noticed you're up to your neck in trouble, but the following helps;

A) Higher level PCs have a better time
B) Some light source helps put you and the vampire on equal footing
C) Some resistance to energy drain and mental influence is also high useful
D) Magic, silvered weapons helps a lot
E) Fire also hurts them
F) True sunlight would also cause them injury

With all of the above in place you might actually win  ;D
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »
A - Uh, oh. - Well, I'm RoEII "high-level", but vamps are nasty.
B - Check! - And Detect Evil to spot him as invisible, gas, bat, rat or whatever tricks he'll do.
C - Protection from Evil, lasting a whopping 2 minutes cast by myself, can a holy symbol keep the vampire at bay? (well, I'll find out)
D - Check!
E - Check! Sun Sword hot or holy, should be bad for vamps.
F - Check! - Well, I have assumed the Sun Sword has a single burst like power in it, and right now I'm "readied" to flash the vampire when I locate the bugger.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
A - Uh, oh. - Well, I'm RoEII "high-level", but vamps are nasty.
B - Check! - And Detect Evil to spot him as invisible, gas, bat, rat or whatever tricks he'll do.
C - Protection from Evil, lasting a whopping 2 minutes cast by myself, can a holy symbol keep the vampire at bay? (well, I'll find out)
D - Check!
E - Check! Sun Sword hot or holy, should be bad for vamps.
F - Check! - Well, I have assumed the Sun Sword has a single burst like power in it, and right now I'm "readied" to flash the vampire when I locate the bugger.

So you do, perhaps, have at least a fighting chance?

The Sun Sword is clearly a magical, most likely holy, weapon that can cast the daylight spell. Definitely useful.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »
A to D no problem, I had E (soft wineskin of oil to match the one of holy water) but from your comments doubt that it came through.  F - that's Gray's department I guess...  Sadly stopping to try and dream it into being is likely to prove a fatal distraction, well maybe not for the archmage...

Robhan's going to hope that tactics can help him if his foe is a real monster, failing that the silver chasing on his armour can't hurt - it won't stop slashing, but should slow down the grapples...

Remind me again, how the plan for getting looey's is to put them through a half dozen or so of these little romps...  Adventuring seems extremely fatal in RoE, even if they don't kill you in one they seem to go for a piecemeal approach...
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »
A to D no problem, I had E (soft wineskin of oil to match the one of holy water) but from your comments doubt that it came through.  F - that's Gray's department I guess...  Sadly stopping to try and dream it into being is likely to prove a fatal distraction, well maybe not for the archmage...

Robhan's going to hope that tactics can help him if his foe is a real monster, failing that the silver chasing on his armour can't hurt - it won't stop slashing, but should slow down the grapples...

Remind me again, how the plan for getting looey's is to put them through a half dozen or so of these little romps...  Adventuring seems extremely fatal in RoE, even if they don't kill you in one they seem to go for a piecemeal approach...

Well, You are the one suggesting raising the DDC for Hire Help of high levels...  ::)

But regarding this adventure, I'm happy if I get my own regent out alive. He may be fearless, but he is not a typical beefcake Paladin.  :)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »

Well, You are the one suggesting raising the DDC for Hire Help of high levels...  ::)

But regarding this adventure, I'm happy if I get my own regent out alive. He may be fearless, but he is not a typical beefcake Paladin.  :)

Actually I'm suggesting splitting out 'hire domain help' from 'hire adventure beef-cake' with a secondary move to split out domain spell-casters (woh-hoo boyo's) and adventure level casters...

I'm a little lost on the adventure - do we wait for Jon/Bjorn to say 'you got whomped but are alive/ you kick some' or do we just say it and hope they agree?
Robhan Khaiarén