Author Topic: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)  (Read 41324 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2010, 10:44:58 PM »
At the blessed touch of the Patriarch Wallac open up his eyes. His head is a mess and the headache like a thunderstorm. He lies in the arms of Lannelah, or rather in one of Lannelahs arms and the ruin of the other.

“Lannelah my friend you are gruesomely hurt!"

Realizing the Patriarch just healed him [somehow he just know it was him] he yell a quick question after him as he goes to tend to others

"Patriarch is it done? Is Manethander destroyed?”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
"Manethander is destroyed, and others need aid before Lannalah, if you are able. Maester Kaleiman is down over here, and Gaerred is bleeding from a nasty cut to the throat. I cannot heal its sort, but perhaps there is still time with your magic?"

Rashid looks down at Gaerred, blood still pumping albeit slowly, out the wound. In vain trying to reach the brain. "So much hurt, for so few grievances..." He then pulls off his gloves and does the best he can to save Gaerred's life, waiting for the Pontiff to come and assist.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Gaerred isn't dead quite yet. In fact the bleeding has all but stopped and he' still breathing. The Pontiff is coming around and you got Lannelah patched up. Kaleiman is a bit trickier - but once you remove the spear from his body and heal him a bit he too recovers. Everyone seems to be doing well. Remarkable.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2010, 11:03:03 PM »
With everyone on the mend, Rashid goes more aggressively looking for the Sunsword. Where is the blasted thing? - And did Balter make a runner?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Balter has it - and of course he hands it back to Rashid.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »
With everyone on their feet, Rashid takes the sword and sheathe it. He then looks over Balter.

"How are you feeling Balter?"

Given the circumstances, Rashid then lets his paladin powered gaze study Balter.

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2010, 11:54:04 PM »

IC:

Meanwhile, Elamien, whether Tristan answers her or not, hands him the sword, with the hint of a smile, and thereafter addresses all of her companions, in a plain voice:  "There is no thing of especial value in the adjacent rooms, although I imagine that a petty thief would find some articles of interest.  So, let us depart.  This place still has the feel of evil or of shadow; and I like it not."

And she begins to exit the room, limping slightly and glancing over her shoulder at her husband, to whom she directs these several words:  "Please, walk with me.  I need your strength."

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2010, 12:08:23 AM »
Marshall Balter sighs and reels slightly as though drunken.  "How do I feel?  I feel old lord Patriarch, abruptly very very old.   I would like to feel the sun on my skin again, for abruptly I am chilled and...hollow.. somehow.  I have spent months preparing for this day, but to tell the truth did not expect to survive.  I do not spurn His mercy but feel spent and weary."

"Let us leave this place and see if we cannot win past whatever remains of Manetheander's forces.  Our return with the holy Book should rally our forces in Cerilia and banish any darkness should it yet linger in the waking world."

The Marshall turns and walks slowly towards the exit.  Taking a flag-pole from the wall he uses it as a staff to walk with, clearly feeling weary from his exertions...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Sovereign
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:42 AM »
The pale man having moved off the sarcophagi and now distracted by his with the unknown Khinasai, gives Wallac a chance to attempt to open it. Quickly he hands the Book of Law to Balter and cast “Divine Power” to go along with the already activated Divine Wrath and Divine Aura. Thus empowered with strength beyond normal for a mortal, the Pontiff goes to the sarcophagi and begins to push the lid off

Fight over Wallac turns to Balter. He would like to attempt to mend the damage done to the book on the spot survey what damage it has taken

"Marshall Balter now is a good time for you to return the Book of Law to me if you would be so kind. I would really like to see if those tears in the paper can be mended"

His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2010, 04:19:55 AM »

IC:

Elamien rises to her feet and approaches the sidhe.  "Hold still, whilst I bandage that arm", says she.

Later, she walks to the place, where her rapier lies; picks it up; wipes it off; and slides it into a thin, dark, scabbard.  Then, she walks over to the Baron of South Hold, the other blade still in her hand, and asks, "How did a nob—"

She pauses, then starts anew, "How did a noble like you get hold of this?"

Tristan grins crookedly at the half-spoken thought.  His clothes have been shredded, revealing the pink weals of burns still present on his body - especially his hands, previously gloved in softest leather, now shown to have been seared with some terrible heat.  Covered in blood, cuts, smoke, and sweat, the expression is a frightful sight.  "How many places do the heirloom blades of a House usually come from, Elamien?  Handed down through the years."  He coughs - his voice is gravelly, torn.  "This one is... not to be fully wielded without great necessity.  For obvious reasons.  Against the wrong foe, it is as much a danger to the wielder as the foe."  Now his voice turns dry.  "And I begin to suspect it may be cursed - since I awoke it, I've yet to wield it through a full battle without it being taken from my hands.  But perhaps that is simply its wielder's incompetence."  He takes the weapon back, sheathing it with careful, jerky movements.  "With Manethander dead, the need is gone, I suppose.  To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely certain how to render it a more normal blade again.  I'll be spending some time in the histories again, no doubt."  The clever, light facade is back in place - as a fellow professional, she has to admire the speed of its recovery.  Only his eyes show the aftereffects of his rage and, now, utter exhaustion as he looks back to her.  "And you - are you well, after...  all this?"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2010, 06:00:02 AM »
"Petty thieves perhaps... But I also spied a nicely appointed library. I believe I was gifted with a vision of the past... Manethander was never in the sarcophagus. He was set free to roam these halls for all time."

"It was never intended that the outside should come in here, to him, and get tainted all over again. I will have this place bricked up, but those books has been placed there for hundreds of years. Their existence a treasure in their own right, even if they prove to be cooking recopies."

"My forefather, Daouta ibn Hammoud, staked Manethander to the floor... In fact here is the place where the point went into the stone. - But he must have used more than simply the blade to hold him, I think he fueled the imprisonment with years of his own life."

"While the evil was held contained, these halls were built. To contain him forever."

With that, Rashid has said all he feels like saying and joins Elamien heading for the exit.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
Marshal Balter hands the Book back to Wallac.

Despite the light conjured by the paladin of Avani it's still quite dark...Kaleiman adds a mage-light to Rashid's divine...now you've enough to see by (I suppose you might have other resources as well - and of course Lannelah can see quite well in almost no light at all).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2010, 09:42:30 AM »
Speaking of the exit - where IS the exit?
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
(rather than cut the interesting scene inside the crypt short I've moved what happens AFTER you leave to a separate thread - thanks to Kasper for pointing out the obvious)
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
Wallac being vaguely aware something bad may happen to him should he slay Manethander is charged with holy zeal and purpose. The Book of Law is recovered and now the threat to the living, to all Anuire it seems lays at his feet.

“Judgment is upon you. On behalf of my LORD I sentence you to utter destruction. In the name of HAELYN come your destruction. May your soul yet be saved but die you must”

“My LORD in your hands I command my body and soul for now I will pass on a judgment that will likely also spell my own doom and in the end for falling on my own sword”

Before the last word has left his mouth Wallac begin the swing that will cut off the head of Manethander his plan is then to pin him to the floor through his heart. [intended killing blow]

The most pressing needs for healing taken care of Wallac’s mind wander.

Flashbacks to the fight. Glimpses of violence. No colour only black and white. The Book used as shield and then in then so sudden in his own hand. Taking turns getting butchered by Manethander. Loosing the fight. Something dropping out of the shadows, down from the ceiling. Respite and rekindling of hope. The Grey one going down. Wallac commencing himself to the LORD before the final stroke. Duty. Glimpse of failure. Then poor Ghaereds neck riped open and the white pain oh so sudden. Darkness. Waking up, head spinning and colours returned being cradled in the arms of Lannelah, while the patriarch moves away from them.

Finding himself so utterly spend next to Lannelah, Lannelah whos arm he have just healed as best he can. Wallac looks dizzily at Lannelah and ask him what happened after he found himself so suddenly in the sable of the night, the void? Lannelah gives a brief explanation and concludes with the almost explosion like end. The Old Marshall Balter the hero. But also the damned.

Wallac: “My friend he is not damned. Thrice blessed is my brother. “

Wallac: “First he found HAELYN. Secondly he led a long life in the devoted service of our LORD. Third almost on the threshold of paradise he was tested and found worthy beyond everyone else and thus he made the greatest service for all Anuire. He killed the Grey Duke and possible took upon him the curse of his. Where I failed he took over and as you said, charged as a young bull into battle.”

Wallac still not too sure on his feet walks over to Balter and bows to him.

Wallac: “Brother I salute you and thank you for no greater deed have any single man alive done. Where I and others failed you carried through the charge against the creature of shadow. Will you pray with me to our LORD HAELYN to give thanks for our success in the battle.?”

[OoC: My aim and intend is we end up as the next thread begin. Possible Wallac has offered Balter not only his sympathy but also help and/or advice (but I assume the old geezer knows best though he may as courtesy to the Pontiff take council from him). Wallac will also offer to bring a message to HA and/or CoT for Balter. Wallac had commenced himself to Haelyn before he attempted to make the killing blow - he believed that he was to kill himself or something after the killing stroke as to stop the curse for good and thus he is really emotionally and I guess also on a spiritually level deeply touched by the old Marshalls faith. How Balter shall deal with it Wallac don’t tell unless possible if asked]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:03:00 PM by IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »