Author Topic: Bloodline transference  (Read 5177 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Bloodline transference
« on: March 31, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »
To eclipse the issue; the ceremony for transfer of blodline is described to work as if making a blodtheft but for the killing. So those former regents that transfered their blodline to their bloded Heir gave up a lot for the heir to gain almost nothing litle.

Am I correct that the transfer blodline ceremony also gives from 0-4+ BS if allready having a Bloodline?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Bloodline transference
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »
Yes.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
Bloodline transference
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »
In the specific case of a Regent transferring his bloodline to an heir, it's usually described as transfering the full bloodline (from the 2nd setting and fiction). Otherwise the imperial bloodline would have decayed much faster.

How I suggest it works, in the specific case of a regent transfering his blood to an heir:
The recipents blood line is raised to the Regents level - so if I transfer my 65 Great of Azrai to my heir with 40 Great Azrai, his bloodline score becomes 65 Great Azrai. No more, no less.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Bloodline transference
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »
No, that is not how it works in RoE. Just ask Assan when he transfered his bloodline to Rashid.

I want a slight boost, yes, but nothing like a old and resepcted regent transfering his buffer up BS to his Heir. The Heir gets a slight edge there at the start, but transfers fo regency are traumatic affaris for all domains, not just one regnet in and one out.

So this item is not even debateable (or rather, feel free to debate, but there will be no rule change).
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
Re: Bloodline transference
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
Also, it can be used to avoid situations where "If a bloodline of house Somethingornother is on the throne of East Jerechyavic, then we nobles over here will be so upset we'll intervene militarily because Somethingornother has no place on that throne!"

Am I right that a lot of wars get fought historically over whose bloodline the monarch has?
--Archduke Diemed