Author Topic: Re: Adventure 67: The Bonds Would Break...  (Read 2423 times)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Re: Adventure 67: The Bonds Would Break...
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:39:27 PM »
While it is very rare for the Archduchess to leave Osoerde, with the Archduke in Morcosoer and the Grey Duke breaking his bonds, she has be roused from here lofty perch in Moriel Grand.

"Patriarch, I send tidings from my liege, William. In addition to the forces brought by His Excellency, Baron Bellamie, Osoerde shall contribute at least the following..." she says.

2 Knights (Crack)
2 Armsmen, Mounted (Skilled)

"...these units will be under the command of Baron Bellamie, until my Lord, arrives and are in addition to any other forces he brings with him from Morcosoer."

Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Re: Adventure 67: The Bonds Would Break...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »
The Patriarch nods in recognition and says; "May his task in the North be successful. There are many good men, in addition to him, whom we could well use here."
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »
"My understanding, Patriarch, is that the area in and around the tomb of Maetheander is infested by daemons," she says.

"I will ask Maester Dhoesone to prepare Osoerdean soldiers as best she can for fighting them," she says.

"Though, what is of greater concern to me, is this news of the Ogre and more appropiately...what he represents," she says.

"The Grey Duke seems to strive on the insecurities and desires of creatures - which is surely the way of the Shadow, if I remember the teachings of the gods well.  We have no way of knowing how pervasive his whispering has been - clearly though, if the Ogre and Adaliz are to be our measure, we must assume that he has spread his taint throughout all the House and organziations in and around Elinie," she says.

"And we must be prepared for that."
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »

IC:

"Speaking of the noble Houses", asks Elamien, "is Tristan Bellamie come to Ansien?  I have not yet noticed him. . . . And, Rashid, will any of your own vassals be involved in this campaign?"

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
"Baron Khaiarén and Count Dhon will assist in the form that their castles will be active and prepared, if the enemy tries to break out."

"I have not asked that they place their own persons directly in the face of danger."

"As for my other vassals, they are mostly occupied with post war repairs."
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
The Swordmage arrives in Ansien alongside the Pointiff of the IHH. She rides at the head of a decent sized army, composed of about 3000 men. In addition to the men, a 25 meter tall statue of stone and steel is walking at the head of the army. Creatures made of what appears to be living flame dances alongside the marching men. At the front of the army, the colours of Roesone, Tornilen and Ghieste are flying. Troops in the colours of all three realms can be seen among them.

At the meeting:

The Swordmage speaks in a neutral tone: "You all know me, so I will forego any introductions."
She is dressed in simple clothes, not clad for war yet, but a sword hangs at her side.

Pausing after her words, she looks at the archduchess. "What would you have us do to prepare? If we had had time to prepare this, if someone had given warnings that there was an enemy infiltrating our ranks just a season ago, then something could be done. As it is, we must simply hope that we have enough troops that even if half should turn, we will still prevail."

"Some of the "troops" I have brought will be very hard to turn. They aren't human and so are unaffected by human desires and weaknesses, though steel will still bring them down."

She smiles with a feral glint. "As for the Ogre, I do not intend to enter the tomb before I see him fall. I have a score to settle with him, I will see him dead."

Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
Suddenly this turned into a Campaign stage thingy...set many weeks into the 'future'.

Thread locked  for the time being.
DM Bjørn