Author Topic: Gerad Disowned - Exile Permanent!  (Read 4713 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Gerad Disowned - Exile Permanent!
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »
From the Patriarch of Elinie, is issued a public decree, disowning his own brother Gerad!

To all of Elinie, her friends, vassals and whom it may concern!

Let it be known that the man Gerad ibn Daouta, shall henceforth be known to have no claim to the Duchy of Elinie, no right of passage and no rights of law!

Our Great Patriarch has time and again, tried to reach a peaceful resolution with Gerad the Malignant! - Going as far as offering him to return home as a hero, all possible sins forgotten. Even this grand offer was refused!

Gerad is found guilty of attempting to plot against the Patriarch, unlawfully detaining the loyal forces of Elinie, attempting to subvert the nobles of Elinie, refusing the orders of the Patriarch, sowing dissent between Elinie and Osoerde and wilfully work to destabilize the friendship that should be between Osoerde and Elinie!

For these crimes Gerad the Malignant is doomed to suffer exile from Elinie on pain of death!

Any loyal friend of Elinie will refrain from assisting Gerad the Malignant or risk just persecution.

Those whom Gerad continue to hold in his service are granted full pardon and preserve all rights to return to Elinie with no fear, for one full year from this day, the first day of Winter 1535!!
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Gerad Disowned - Exile Permanent!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
From Gerad ibn Dauta, Baron of North Hold, and true Heir to the Throne of Elinie as proclamation is made:

"Men of Elinie,

Know that your ruler - Rashid ibn Daouta - is a false one. He has fallen from grace, as has my sister Adaliz, rest her soul. I am now the rightful ruler of Elinie - rightful by my blood and the will of the gods.

Know also that my brother Rashid has tried to lure me and the proud officers of the army to return to his embrace - sweet were the words spoken, but dark was the heart of the speaker.

I promise to you that I shall never relinquish my claim, nor shall I suffer my brother to rule thee for long. I will arrive at the head of my hose ere long, and when I do you shall rise and cast of the yoke of darkness that has been placed upon your shoulders."

Patriarch Gerad ibn Daouta
Lord of Elinie by the Willf of Avanalae
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 05:25:35 PM »
The decree has added weight, since it can be assumed that it cannot have been made without the consent of Archduke Osoer...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:28 AM »
As a reply to Gerad's accusations of being fallen, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, calls upon the Holy Order of Haelyn's Aegis to test him and see if he holds the grace of Avanalae and remain untainted by Shadow.

The court is in its finest, the Patriarch seated on his throne, facing the priests that have come to speak.

The testing itself took place in the HA temple of Ansien, just hours before.

Rashid speaks; "Marshal Winona Melandre Riordian, head of the Eastern arm. I went before you and your priests this day and were tested in the matters of grace and purity.

The court is assembled to hear the results of these tests, that all may know the state of the Patriarch.

What is your verdict Marshal?"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:24:16 AM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »
Standing confidently despite the heady air and sweltering coal-fired heat of the Elenien court, Marshal Riordian steps forward and touched the symbol of Haelyn worn above her breast before speaking clearly to the assembled nobles and courtiers.

"Patriarch, at your request you were tested this day; tested in grace, purity of soul and in the touch of the light.  Proof was granted by Holy Haelyn, and granted clearly, in all such matters you are graced; your soul is free of all taint or shadow.  Further Avani's grace shines within you, and thus Haelyn's also."

She steps back, apparently untroubled by the need for such a test and proclamation, but her eyes cannot help but glance for the briefest moment to the priests of the Life and Protection of Avanalae who most would have expected to be the first to be called upon by the Paladin-king of the Elenien people...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded