Author Topic: New structures  (Read 12204 times)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Re: New structures
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »
I wouldn't mind a chapel casting shadowward once a year...  ::)
If that's doable, I'll build three... at the very least!

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »
Hmm, I think that Elenie might like that one too... Thinking more about it, the BTHL benefit is in it being L1 instead of L2 or L3 - so it would make sense to have 'any L1 spell and +2 on a thematic action' as an alternative.  I'm not sure that the Aegis would make use of Mark of the True Believer, but others might, otherwise unless you are at war frequently I'm not sure how useful the L1 spells would be...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:39 PM »
Ok, I've played with alternate skills and spells - page 1 of the attached sheet.  I've re-jigged the enhanced chapels I was thinking about into alternates, hopefully I twigged Jon's comments correctly...
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

Theatre
DDC   10
Build Cost   10
Upkeep   0.25
Benefits   +2 on all agitate actions in the same province. The regent can choose to use agitate as a free action once a season in place of their normal class free action.
Description   A theatre is a cultural centre, sometimes a house of song and music, sometimes a debating chamber and sometimes the blood and violence of an arena - the type is different for every culture.  Whatever form it takes the theatre allows the negative feelings of the population to be released harmlessly and encourages positive messages – if the manager wishes to support the province ruler…
Inspired by:   Chapel

OoC:

Maybe increase the DDC of this to 12? . . . Also, perhaps it could be stated explicitly that a Theatre does not provide a lieutenant with access to Agitate as a bonus class action?

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »

OoC:

Somewhat relatedly, perhaps the DDC of some structures in the Regent Guide could be increased?

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2009, 12:56:39 AM »

I like the general gist of your thinking.

However, all structures have certain conceptual limits:
- All abilities are permanent, no yearly abilities. The only semi-exception to this rule is the halls of learning that allows 1 admin re-roll each turn.
- No magical abilites in structures. Offense and defense can't be influenced by other means than magic, morale can.

Ok, thinking more about chapel of the saint.  The standard is fine as a 'generic' chapel, but lacks any personification for the saint.  I figured that increasing the cost and adding a mainly fluff power would make sense.

Cost: Increase to 20 GB.  No maint increase.  DDC 12.
Requirements: Chapel's gotta have soul.  You need to tie the Saint to the effect and your church with a cool description.
Benefits: As normal chapel but 1 of:

Academy.  Bonus to one training action per season within the province. (I don't know how the normal action works, but this sounds thematic - a centre for contemplation / a famed training ground, etc).

This shouldn't be a chapel at all, but an academy with the same cost and equal abilites as the halls of learning.

F.ex. It could give a +4 bonus to training actions and knowledge: Military. In addition it could supply a training action to all aa's training at the academy. The aa's may not do adventure or travel the turn they're training at the academy (unless it is in order to travel to the academy). And the action still goes against their character action limit - however this structure conceptually allows aa's to train twice each turn.

OoC:

Two proposed structures follow. . . .

Halls of Land Warcraft [Generic]
     DDC:  = DDC of Halls of Learning.
     Build Cost:  = Build Cost of Halls of Learning.
     Upkeep:  = Upkeep of Halls of Learning.
     Benefits:  The Halls of Land Warcraft provide a +2 asset bonus on any action dealing with an army, whose type is "Military".
     In addition, a domain with Halls of Land Warcraft may re-try one failed quartermaster (Expense Reduction:  Army) check per season.

Halls of Sea Warcraft [Generic]
     DDC:  = DDC of Halls of Learning.
     Build Cost:  = Build Cost of Halls of Learning.
     Upkeep:  = Upkeep of Halls of Learning.
     Benefits:  The Halls of Sea Warcraft provide a +2 asset bonus on any action dealing with a navy, whose type is "Military".
     In addition, a domain with Halls of Sea Warcraft may re-try one failed purser (Expense Reduction:  Navy) check per season.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:30:51 PM by Points East/EL (Brandon) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
Lots of good stuff here; I'll consider adding some to Chapter 5 - or making an appendix.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
Do you want me to table it all up?  I did much of the whining from recollection.

Also I've been wondering about co-operative builds - mainly due to the Parthenon for the Conclave, say double cost, everyone has to pass a build check, but then all parties construct an element separately, the whole building having effect only on completion of all elements (perhaps for builds with many components a severely restricted effect if only 1 or 2 parties were outstanding).
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 06:32:16 AM »

OoC:

Naval Base:  Naval Base

Great Naval Base:  Great Naval Base

Mines & Affluent Mines:  Re: Affluent Mines

Superior Embassy:  Superior Embassy

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:47:16 AM by X-Points East/EL »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
I recall waaay back in RoEI (around turn #52 I think) where I contemplated something along the lines of a granary.
Looking at how prosperity is the first victim in war, and seeing how soldiers plunder everything they can, perhaps it is time to have a look at it again?

Would it be possible to build a granary-thingy, perhaps a structure that ignores/negates the first negative prosperity modifier from famine (negative event) or foraging?
Alternately it could help keep prosperity in the midrange, rather than take a dive. It's not something you need when everything is jolly and well after all (and so I don't think it should give bonus-modifiers into the positive spectrum), but when a province is poor, it might just help alleviate things somewhat to have a ready supply of grain under the regents thumb (thus perhaps keeping things unsteady, rather than taking another prosperity hit).

It's not really something I've thought through, just a spur of the moment thought. But it seems to me, that in a world where seven years of "summer" is followed by seven years of "winter" (which was my initial reason for wanting to build one), and war, plague and constant foraging takes place, that something along these lines might be nice.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 11:07:11 AM »
Granaries are represented by stashing GB for a rainy day; seeing as how the majority of GB is not gold, but resources (grain included).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
...but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to construct something that limits the effects of famine/foraging.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »
Granaries are represented by stashing GB for a rainy day; seeing as how the majority of GB is not gold, but resources (grain included).

Well seeing as how I throw "grain" into an ocean of hungry mouths at an alarming rate, it might be good with a structure that freezes some of that so I can't touch it (kinda like my account at the bank  ::)), and save it for an extremely rainy day.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »
Well, foraging hit prosperity at a time where you can't really do dick about it.

Your tax is already set for the season and your actions are spent too, so there is no way possible that you can dodge the prosperity loss.

This means you, at a minimum, have to spend 1 GB and a Regent Action, assuming Take 10, to restore Prosperity in that province.

If there was a structure, which made "Emergency Tax Relief" and dumped the tax by one or more levels, enough to offset the otherwise impending prosperity loss, then it would quite possibly be worth having it built and on retainer.

Assuming you are on stable Heavy Tax, then you can, in theory and pending DM allowance, offset up to 5 levels of prosperity loss, at the cost of the tax income of course.

Still, likely to be much preferred to the alternativy. Well, yes, it is much preferable to the alternative. I know.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
Read as: Elinie has poorly stocked granaries :-P
DM Bjørn