Author Topic: Adventure #66 The Wrath of Red Wind (extended edition) - Medoere  (Read 11494 times)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Re: Adventure #66 The Wrath of Red Wind (extended edition) - Medoere
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
"But it spreads...its spreads from this point...both in time and space. In a few months it will have expanded beyond this chamber in space...and two months back in time as well.

Does that make sense to you? That something which happens now can effect what has gone before? I try to understand what the result might be for the present...but I cannot get to grips with it...is the future altered or is it not?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:44:56 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »
Kaven does indeed seem to have some difficulty grasping it.
"Are you saying..." he begins, whetting lips that suddenly seem dry. "That... the populace will stop believing... with reverse effect? They will have lost faith days and months prior to this... thing even reaching them." He shudders. "No one in Ilien would know what had happened. And no one would care."

"I cannot even begin to understand the scope of it... and in this place? It would effect thousands...tens of thousands... hundreds of thousands. The followers of Ruornil alone in Ilien number around eighty thousand souls if not more."
He seems about to go on, but simply stops with a wide-eyed expression on his face, then draws a deep breath.

"Speaker - if you truly believe you can prevent this, I will pledge body and soul to assisting. That must not happen."

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
"I'm not saying with great pathos...I'm theorizing...very vaguely...based upon the words of the One and my own arcane lore. I could be wrong, but I do think so. I could be mad...by again I think not...but other men would name me so and burn me if they heard of this. I hope you understand that - and that you too are mad and a heretic by association...

I was wondering what would happen in the past, when you entered this chamber to battle the undead. How would that go had you lost faith? Would you have died - or rather, would the future be altered? Yet here you are...and nothing has changed...or has it? Impossible to say. But know we must!

And... what if this is not the only place and time? There could be others..."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:45:04 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »
"Stop. Please Speaker, you are causing my head to hurt." Kaven offers a wan smile.
"Theorizing like that will only surely drive us to madness. Yes, I have accepted that even by association with you would most men consider me heretic. I cannot but wonder if that says more of them, than of me.

If this is not the only place, then we will find the others and quell this... thing there as well. But that we cannot do, without knowing how. So here will be the first step taken to prevent this, and if you will accept it, I will toil beside you till my hands a bloody and raw to unearth the truth and safeguard the souls of us all."

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
"Very well, then let us join forces by you Supporting my Research action through your Adventure action :-D"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:45:12 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »
... and that concludes # 66. More to follow in #67

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
Dispatch #67 - Speaker to KE

Your little priest friend comes running back to the house one night in early autumn; he is very agitated:

He said to come at once to you-know-where. The Unmaker is here he said to say.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:45:41 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
Kaven's brow furrow as he dons his priestly robes, making sure his sword is concealed and at the same time positioned so that the scabbard won't get entangled between his legs when he walks.

Mumbling a quick prayer he dons the symbols of his twin deities, tugging them under his cloak, and sets of at a brisk pace, following the lead of Janosh towards the catacombs.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
You arrive in the catacombs.

The Speaker is there.

"He was here. The Unmaker. This very night. Not 'here' in the physical sense, but here, in this time. It spoke...I could not make out the words, but it spoke to SOMEONE, in Anuirean...and I could almost feel the future shifting!

It is damnable. I cannot make anything more out of it. I almost with that the Sighted was here to give it meaning!"

He calms down.

"No. I don't really want that. I just wish I could understand..."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:45:52 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
"Here? And talking to someone?" Kaven's hand clenches around the pummel of his sword.
"So we know that he has at least one agent in Ilien, an Anuirean. Gods that sickens me... to willingly work with something like that."

He looks around.
"And this thing you where looking for? Can you still sense it? Is it gone?"

He shakes his head. "If my uncle where here, we could have tried to divine what had occurred here, or been said. Speaker, is that within your power? To dredge a conversation of a recent past to the surface? Or these Sighted you talk of?"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »
"The Sighted? Ah, I beg your apology. That would be the one you know as the Eyeless One. We called him that because he was blind...but prophetic. Just like they called me the Red Wind.

I did not mean Ilien. Not here. Somewhere in Anuire perhpas. I could not tell. If lasted only briefly, and now it is gone. As is the anomaly...it is gone, like it was never even here. Can't you feel it? The light of the One shines here again. I do not understand. Not at all."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:46:00 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »
"You have a better afinity for this anomaly than I, Speaker." Kaven smiles wanly.
"After all, you found it from afar, and we have not known if its existence in spite of having men in the city.

But if this threat is ended - or at least gone for know, then I can only be pleased. Do you surmise that it... Or the Unmaker somehow sensed that we searched for the anomaly, and had it removed?"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »
"The anomaly might still be 'here', but it sis not here 'now'. It's presence in the now is elsewhere. It felt almost...it was like the feeling where you access the memories of your ancestors...that feeling when you reach back in time to look at event that took place a long time ago. Only the Unmaker didn't just look - he acted! Kaven - he reached back in time to alter something. Made it happen in a manner it would otherwise not have. How can such a thing be!?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:46:11 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
"It's what the Unmaker does, no? Unmakes things.

It makes it harder for us to react to... His?... His movements. I take solace in the fact that here and now the threat is diminished, but we need to find out if this anomaly has simply moved time and place, and now rests somewhere else - or if there are any else.

Personally I would very much like to get my hands on whoever degrades him or herself to helping this foe... Perhaps this person is the key now?"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »
"Yes. We must find this person. And quickly. And ideas where to begin?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:46:24 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »