Author Topic: The future of the Anuirean nobility  (Read 17761 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
The future of the Anuirean nobility
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:21:56 PM »
The ambassador to Dhoesone, Lord Airon Dosiere, takes the floor.

"I have been away from the Anuirean court these last ten years, so I am not aware of the way the high nobility does it's business these days. Nonetheless I see that there are matters that still remain unsolved, indeed they are as festering as ever - and it would seem the Anuirean nobility are doing what they can to ignore the problem.

So I ask you, nobles of Anuire, what is to be your future!? Why do you think you have a special claim to any title or position of honor afore the people, when you allow self-styled Dukes and Duchesses to sit amongst you!?

I speak of course of the so-called Duke of Ghieste and the so-called Duchess of Tornilen. That you allow them to administer a few provinces is one thing, but to allow them to call themselves Duke and Duchess and just smile and nod! PATHETIC!
 They are usurpers of your glory! Of your ANCESTRAL GLORY! And you treat them and honor them like they are your equals!? Like they deserve an equal place amongst you!?

Is this the future Anuirean nobility you desire? Where any man be allowed to stick a knife in you, take your bloodline and be allowed to get away with it!? While all your so-called peers smile and call him great!?

WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF THE ANUIREAN NOBILITY!!!!!?"

With this last outburst of rather Rjuven anger, Airon Dosiere composes himself and takes his place once again.

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
Re: The future of the Anuirean nobility
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
There is some nervous anticipation in the air as the Sword Mage rises to respond. She is known for her temper and arcane puissance - a few servants and attendants move away from both her and Lord Dosiere, fearing an outburst of magic.

She does not, however, start flinging fire at Lord Dosiere. Instead she reponds calmly.

"Ah yes, this is a matter of grave importance. The unrest in the Spiderfell, the Wraiths plaguing Ilien, even the war between Avanil and Boeruine, all these things pale in comparison."

She waits a moment to let her barb go through.

"Let me respond. I stake my claim on the blood of the Tanar family, hailing from Vosgaard. We have always been a Duchy and I see no reason to relinquish my claim even though I am in another land. Does the nobility disregard all titles of Vosgaard? That has not been the tradition previously, the nobles of Anuirea has never before disregarded foreign titles - do you mean to do so now? I can only imagine what it will do for the relations between the realms in the future."

She nods towards the Countess of Ilien.

"Perhaps Countess Geraldine el-Mesir of Ilien would like to give answer as well - as I understand it, her title hails from Khinasi. Is that to be disregarded as well?"
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:32:19 PM »
The so-called Duke of Ghieste sits quietly, watching those in the room and showing no intention yet of speaking. In fact he seems almost amused by the angry speech of Lord Dosiere, a slight smile playing on his lips while he gently sighs at several pieces of the rabid rant.
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
The count of Endier, Guy de Nichalier, rises to speak.

"I am very concerned about the perception of illegitimately-raised Dukes administering Anuirean lands.  However, I feel this is a matter best raised by a Duke, or perhaps by a Temple of Haelyn.  However, I agree with the Wit..err, the Sword Mage.  There are more pressing matters, matters of life and death that need our attention.  Would that we had an Emperor to decide these matters.

The Sword Mage has proven herself a valuable ally to the Conclave of Temples and a capable administrator of Anuirean lands.  I don't know what more we can ask for from a Duchess.  If none of her peers raises an issue with the manner of her ascension, then her right to rule is established de facto.  And Lord Dosiere, perhaps you should make your intention clear, are you speaking as a landless noble, or as the official representative of Dhoesone."

Sir Guy de Nichalier sits, looking relaxed, and takes a sip from his wine.
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »
"But does the Sword Mage renounce the god of her people?  Does she announce before this body that she adhere to the Anuirean Pantheon?" Sheik Musaraf Daouta of the Life and Protection of Avanlae says.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »
Someone shouts:

She's already atoned! She went before Pontiff Aurlien himself, Haelyn bless his soul!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »
"Exactly."  Musaraf says.

"Therefore, the neccessity of this conversation seem moot, if not wholly irrelevent.  Unless, this esteemed body is to set the criteria by which they shall be upheld."

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
Arvour stands and addresses the representative of Dhoesone.

"Was it not the Roele emperors who acknowledged the Khinasi title of patriarch and legitimized the rule of the Daouta dyanasty in the duchy of Elinie and, unless I'm mistaken, the first Daouta was an assassin who did just what you described to the previous ruler of Elinie, stabbed him and took his birthright?"

"In the years since the Daoutas proved to be a blessing for the people of Elinie, and, as far as I've heard, the Duchess of Tornilen has taken the faith of the Stormlord to heart, an Anuirean god... my god."

"Should the duke of Ghieste and the duchess not be given an opportunity to prove themselves before their peers? After all, whose lands do they rule now, those of late baron Tael and I find it hard to believe that someone here would champion his interests."
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »
Baron Tshalen stands:

That whore bespelled my house and almost destroyed me and my kin. For that she will one day pay. If ever I get the chance I will strangle her with mine own hands if need be, or gut her like the filthy vermin that she is. And her brother can follow her to Hell - because that is where they are going. No action or absolution can wash their hands clean - and eternity in purgatory might cleanse them, but nothing less.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 07:57:06 PM »
*cough* "My good Baron Raemel, I feel inclined to point out, that the former Anuirean ruler of Elinie was Duke Manethander, an Azrai blooded Awnsheglien who was puppeteering his children and children's children to keep the power while killing hundreds of citizens.

Besides, he was not the original target of my most esteemed and noble ancestor. There was a state of legally declared war between the Empire and the Khinasi nations. - Indeed, cutting off the head of a snake can save thousands of lives.

You will desist your slanderous references to my ancestor or we will have something relevant to discuss."

EDIT: Added Baron's name, as there are quite a few barons active.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:35:04 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Lord Carilon does not takes the floor as of yet. Instead he whispers something to his Lady, which makes her smile, albeit thinly.

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »
The Sword Mage looks over at Baron Tshalen, her cool demeanor is beginning to fray at the edges.

"Those are fighting words Baron, I demand satisfaction. I challenge you to trial by combat, I suggest we settle this at dawn tomorrow or the day after. You are welcome to meet me yourself or send a placeholder, but I will not suffer this from a spineless dog like you."

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »
Lord Dosiere shouts.

"The Emperor accepted the Daoutas! Who has accepted Tornilen or Ghieste!? Who has the right!? I'll tell you! The Chamberlain of Anuire has the right!"

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »
The Sword Mage simply raises a flat hand in Lord Dosiere's direction, ignoring him. She is looking directly at Baron Tshalen, seeing if he will meet her eyes. Her teeth are clenched as she speaks.

"My Lord, I am the recognized lord of Tornilen, as evidenced by my invitation and presence here. You have slighted my honor, by implication that of my realm and of my people. I demand satisfaction and demand a trial by combat. Resolving it at the jousting grounds is appropriate. By my right as a regent and a follower of Cuiraécen, I demand a trial! How do you respond!?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
"Since she is no peer I will not fight myself - I would gladly strangle her though - as it gives to much credibility to her claim. As for honor...you have none and can never have any, so that I spit upon!

Fortunately the gods have, in their wisdom, sent me a champion that has no such qualms. Ser Estevan Daulton will represent me. Tomorrow at dawn it is, before the Cathedral of Cuiarécen!"
DM Bjørn