Author Topic: Announcement #66 - Wedding in Elinie!  (Read 4042 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Announcement #66 - Wedding in Elinie!
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »
In the summer, news are spread, far and wide of the greatest celebration this side of the turn of the century:

"Hear ye, hear ye!

Let it be known that the Patriarch of Elinie, Rashid ibn Daouta, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason, is to wed the Baronetess of Dosieme, Elamien Lamier, Guildmaster of Points East.

Let all Elinie rejoice, and let all who wish the couple well, be rewarded by toast or morsel, as befits a royal feast!

May Avanalae and Haelyn bless this holy union, and may their marriage mark a new leaf in the history of Elinie!"

OOC:
All courts in friendly standing with Elinie is invited to attend, by dignitaries or in person. the festivities take place in last weeks of summer, in Ansien in both the luxurious facilities of the Points East and the Royal Palace, Elinie.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
Re: Announcement #66 - Wedding in Elinie!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
We all know, that its the party after the ceremony, where all the good gossip comes up and the odd fisticuffs if someone gets a bit too much drink.

You are free to post in this thread, with the assumption that you are at the party, in the sumptuous surroundings afforded by the Elinien capital's finest buildings.

Do you want to grumble complaints about inappropriate behavior or maybe brag about the present your realm brought. The floor is yours!
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »
Heard at the party, between women of high standing; "What a wonderful wedding dear... and these halls are exquisite, I had no idea that the Points East were so well furnished!" "Yes, its a shame but true, they surpass even the Patriarchs own quarters. " "Oh, stop!" Giggling. "Well, its true, even if its not proper to say so." "Speaking of proper... Why was the High Hierophant not performing the ceremony?" "Well, haven't you heard? ..." "Oh really?!" More giggles.

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
Dignitaries from Ilien & PCE arrive to attend the festivities in Ansien.
Sir Armand Arguile, an elderly knight who formerly served in the Ilieneese army, and Nasim Soroush, the head of the guild in Aerele and recently returned from Djira.

They present these gifts: A banner with the crest of Ilien to symbolize the friendship between Elinie and Ilien, and a length of the finest Djiran silk, beautiful, strong and durable, to symbolize the union between Patriarch Daouta and Baronetess Lamier.
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
Duchess Marya Tanar of Tornilen is attending the wedding, she will only be there for a few days, but she has come to pay her respects and congratulate the Patriarch. She brings greetings and gifts on her own and Tornilen's behalf.

To the groom, the Patriarch, she presents her gift: It is a simple sword. It is finely made, clearly a masterpiece with an inscription in the Khinasi tongue - "May the Light of Avanalae always lighten your face, yet never blind your eyes. May your shadow always be short and your future bright." - It is an old blessing, etched flawlessly. To some, the flowing Khinasi script may look odd on an Anuirean Broadsword...

For the bride she presents a different gift. A simple necklace, made of silver and platinum, with a few rubies added in for good measure. A pretty gift, albeit useless except as decoration.

She hands over the gifts to them in turn, smiling and receiving their nods when they accept the gifts.

Then she has the opportunity to say a few words...

"My peers, on behalf of the Duchy of Tornilen and the Barony of Roesone, I congratulate you and give you our best wishes. We are pleased to have received your invitation and I have come here to give my respects. There is a friendship in the making, between Elinie and Tornilen. I hope the events of winter has shown you that you can trust Tornilen and I. As allies and as friends, though I suppose some distance will always remain. I wish you both luck and prosperity, as well as strong children who can carry on your lines."

She nods and steps back, saying a sentence in Vos, then explaining.

"It is a traditional saying from my old home, and though I have abandoned most of the ways of the land of winter, I think this one is still valid. It means - "How well you live makes a difference, not how long.""

She pauses for a moment.

"It is how we choose to live and what we choose to do that defines us, not how far we can stretch our years. I hope that you both shall have the wisdom to choose well."

She nods and steps back, returning to the party, unless the patrarch or his wife makes a response beyond the expected thanks.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 11:56:38 PM »
Captain Irihini Chalse attends the wedding as the envoy from Haelyn's Aegis, a native of Elenie and proud servant of Avani (albeit in service to a chapter which follows the Aegis not the LPA).  Irihini only recently returned to Elenie from a prolonged pilgrimage to recover from the horrors she witnessed in the war in the Gorgon's Crown.

Irihini presents the bride with a long cloak spun with fine threads of red, white and true gold, so that it shines in the sun like it is on fire.    To the groom she presents the traditional Khinasi gift of a set of scrolls finely scripted with the virtues that a man of sayim must display to his wife, honesty, fidelity, generosity, courage and forgiveness...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Mhoried/DK (Mikkel)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
The Mhor, finding himself occupied with domestic issues and leading an army through Elinie on a hunt for Baron Tshalan, could unfortunately not attend. However, no ally should be left without at least a token of gratitude and continued friendship and so dignitaries from Mhoried did attend, bringing a fine steel shield as a gift. Adorned with the colours of Elinie on one side and the colours of Mhoried on the other, it represented the mutual defensive agreement between those two sovereign regions.

Congratulations were presented along with the present, to a long and happy life for the couple, fraught with success and good children.

Naturally, stories of the wedding made Droene Kavarra, The Mhor, also consider if perhaps it was not time to start searching for a suitable wife, lest he find himself without an heir in the distant future.
Droene Kavarra. The Mhor. Skill and Valour.