Author Topic: The domain descriptions  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 11
  • Bringing the evil into your lives
The domain descriptions
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
Over here - http://www.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?board=41.0 - are the blanks for domain descriptions. The intention is that each of you take the relevant one, fill it in using vanilla and birthright.net info plus your own original material and then return it to the DM team. We will work over it and return it to you with changes and notes. Then you make your changes and pass it back over. Repeat until all parties are happy.

We should be emailing out province and holding levels to each of you in the next 24 hours and some brief descriptions for those of you with non-standard realms.

Nothing is set in stone yet - this is a period where things will flux back and forth. Don't set your heart on every detail you have written and we may well end up with several exciting surprises in the end ;)

Offline Ohlaak (Alan)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 3
  • The Dragon
Re: The domain descriptions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »
Is the Regent supposed to be detailed in the domain description?  If so, where should we put them?  Important Figures?

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:03:52 AM »
The regent would indeed feature in the important figures section. Character gen for them is phase 4 though - so no need to do stats yet
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:52:59 AM by DM_Matt »

Offline Torele Anviras/TA (Niels)

• Xenophobia GM
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Sovereign
  • Mage of Talinie
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:35 AM »
Stars? We get to be stars?

Awesome!

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »
In response to a couple of questions - Cannon year would be 1524 HC, 2039 MA, 551MR. But we'll rationalise and doublecheck as needed.

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »
Draft P&H documents have now been issued for Kingdoms, Wizards and half the temples. Other half of temples and Guilds should be issued tonight if all goes according to plan.

These are drafts. There WILL be tweaks. Do not expect everything on them to be set in stone. Also please do not expect the P&H to bend to your will; the DM team have an overview of the game and where the checks and balances as well as the biases need to be - what might seem a small change that you would prefer may have significant consequences elsewhere in the complicated matrix that is setting up the game to run :)

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
Yes, you cannot see all the holdings you might want to see. Yes, that is deliberate. :)

Offline Yggdrasil (DM Andy)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
Also:

colour codings won't make sense so don't worry about them.  Loosely beige meant a change from canon in my original reversion to turn 1, blue was something added in the original turn 1 version, green meant a change to that after discussions with Matt as I tried to balance, yellow meant that something had changed but only temporarily (blessings and the like), tribute colours made sense on the master but not in the cut down form.

formula errors - there will doubtless be several, some I already know about, please someone start a thread, collate them, and I'll fix them all together.  :-[

tributes/vassalage - all to be reviewed.  in general wizards follow a 3:1 ratio of RP:GB, that will all be reviewed as part of the treaty work anyway.

random comments, should all have been deleted, are routinely old / obsolete / not taken up, etc - please don't get carried away with them if I miss any.

you may find that a few holdings are missed off as I'm trying to get everyone's out over 2 days and errors will creep in, at least one person's master will doubtless not link all the sheets they have holdings in.

etc.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:26:52 PM by Yggdrasil »
Sometimes the gods are neither subtle nor slow to anger

Offline Ohlaak (Alan)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Sovereign
  • The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 12:11:01 AM »
Thanks, Andy. This makes a lot more sense now.

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 12:39:08 AM »
For those wondering, the vulkan Isles (a.k.a. Fire Isles) are in the Tael Firth, if you look on the Anuire map they are roughly where the monster is pictured.  (This is possibly co-incidental).

Offline Stjordvik/Varri (Greg)

• Varri Haraldsson
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Scion
  • Regency: 1
  • Of the crown by the bondi
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 07:23:37 AM »
Just a suggestion.  I think it would help me to have the key/legend for the abbreviation of all of the domain holders, or at least the ones that are listed and included in the P&H that I get.  I understand the Fog of War concept, but I cant tell who some of the the abbreviations stands for in my own P&H.  Is this possible, and reasonably easy to do?

Varri Haraldsson,
King of Stjordvikers

"Of the crown by the bondi"

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »
I have a bunch like that too.
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"

Offline Silver House/ClDh (Bobby)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Regent
  • Regency: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »
I asked about that in the chatbox yesterday - they say they'll have an abbreviations key put together for us soon.

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 10:31:32 PM »
that shouldn't be a problem, most are straight out of the Highlands accessory but I'll get the list together asap.

Offline Dhoesone/FD_(Marco)

• Poor little Regent in a big world and in a big game
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
I need the key/legend too  :)
Fhiele Dhoesone, by the Grace of Haelyn Baroness of Dhoesone and Countess of Sonnelind
"You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true, and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her."